Entry #5: Mayhem: 'Cat'

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023.

Entry #5


Mayhem: 'Cat'


         Hello my favorite people! Today I wanted to reflect on an ad I saw today that I thought was hilarious! But I also wanted to talk about how this ad was entertaining but also educational for the company selling.


    The ad that I will be talking about today is the ad titled “Cat”, which is an Allstate commercial, explaining why the viewer should buy into this company, and why. The commercial starts with actor Dean Winters, who’s pretending to be a cat the owners bought, and he isn’t a very good one. In the video, he demonstrates very strange behaviors for a human, by drinking water out of the sink, sitting on a moving cleaner, and sticking his face out of a cat tower. While these are very strange things, the viewer is supposed to be drawn in by the ridiculous act of a tale man pretending to be a cat. But while in this ad, he is also advertising that these behaviors can happen to you, but from an actual cat.


Allstate Mayhem Goes Cat Crazy In New Commercial - Cole & Marmalade



    This advertisement does well to get the watchers attention by having a ridiculous guy do all these things. But in the end of the ad, while the ‘cat’ left the sink running, it led to the floor collapsing, and then he delivers the line that if you don’t have the right insurance, you could be losing a lot of money if something were to happen to your house from a pet. This ad is promoting that while these things could happen to you, if you use their insurance, you will be covered and have no issues. This ad, while very ridiculous and crazy, was a very funny watch, but I also got the message in that short 30 seconds. But most importantly, the ad got my attention, and that’s the biggest thing advertising wants, for the viewers to pay attention to why they should use their brand. I believe this was a very good ad, and I think the marketing team did a very good job coming up with this utterly ridiculous idea!


Hilarious Clip Shows Cat Enjoying Ride on Vacuum: 'They See Me Rollin'



    Overall, I personally thought this ad was very funny, and I enjoyed watching it! I hope you guys enjoyed listening to me talk about this ridicoulis ad, and have a great week!


-Ross


Comments

  1. Hi, the ridiculousness of a human doing the things that a cat should be doing draws people in so that they can then sell them of the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you pointed out the ridiculousness of a tale human trying to act like a cat, but it's true that it can happen with an actual cat! Allstate also tries to target audiences with cats by implying that this could also happen to you and if your not careful you'll cough up the money for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job at breaking down the ad and discussing the strange behaviors of the actor portraying to be a cat. This ad definitely points out the some ridiculous things that can happen and why it is important to get the right home insurance to cover these types of scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this and I think you did a great job on the analysis of the ad. It was a very creative ad and made me laugh too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me just say that I love the pictures you used from the ad, the one with his face in the cat hideout is pure gold! You did a good job at touching on even though the ad is short, it was still able to nail the point of it immediately without needing much interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you kept the same energy from the ad and adding it into your blog! You had me hooked from your introduction. You also explained the ad perfectly in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment