Sunday, September 17, 2023

Entry #0


Hello my fellow readers!

In todays blog, we will discuss the certain aspects of two blogs, one that I would recommend and another that I personally didn't fully enjoy. My knowledge of blogging is relatively new, and I am discovering many new things when it comes to the blogging world! The two blogs that I stumbled upon are both very different, and I may be biased as to why I enjoyed one over the other so much more than the other, so please keep that in mind. The first blog, the one I enjoyed looking at and reading is called The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/). I will get into the finer details, but this brought me interest since I enjoy reading about sports, and all things about them. Another blog that I stumbled upon, was the one we had done in the last assignment, Cup Of Jo (https://cupofjo.com/). Personally, the content in this blog doesn't fit my interests, and has content that I don't relate to as much as I do the other. 


What made The Athletic an enjoyable blog for me was the content in it, I personally have always enjoyed watching sports, sports analysis, learning things about a game that I never would have known with my own knowledge, giving me more content to reflect. The blog is very organized, one aspect of the website I really liked was how they had all scores played out in the middle, of all types of sports. This was a really nice detail, making it easier for me to be able see results of any game in one page, instead of having to look for one specific game, making it easier overall for me. The blog also has a top bar that has every possible sport you can imagine, making it easy to access any sport one would want to access. The Athletic gives very easy links to recent stories, and the set up of the website does not feel crammed, and I have very easy access to the things that interest me, and I very much enjoyed this blog,  I would recommend this blog to anyone who enjoys sports!



Cup Of Jo just was not the blog of choice for me, multiple aspects of this blog just made it not enjoyable for me. While I didn't enjoy it, that does not mean others shouldn't check it out, maybe the content for them can be enjoyable, but for me I just couldn't find myself being a daily reader. The content of the blog just didn't fit my demographic. While I was scrolling through the content, some of the stories seemed interesting, but none of them were appealing to issues I had. The demographic of this blog was more so for grown adults, and I may be technically a legal adult, the type of content I saw in the blog just wasn't for my age group. I also found that the blog had kinda tacky older style comedy, I may be a grinch but I personally just didn't enjoy the photos that they would use above articles to capture attention of the specific readings. Overall, I can understand why certain people would enjoy this content, but for me specifically, I would not be keeping updated for this specific blog. 



Overall, I really enjoyed The Athletic, but not so much for Cup Of Jo. While this is my opinion, anyone reading this should not fully take my own advice till they check out both of them. Who knows, maybe you will enjoy Cup of Jo and not have strong feelings for The Athletic! I hope you all enjoyed listening to me rant about two blogs today, hopefully I didn't fully waste your time with my thoughts! 

Always keep an open mind!


-Ross Kocsis 

Comments